When do I receive my bib number?
– Bib number pick-up is race-day only. Please arrive between 7:15 and 8:15 a.m. the day of the race to receive your bib number.
Will the race be timed?
– The 100 yard dash and 1 mile fun run will not be officially timed; however, there will be a race clock at the finish line so that you can note your or your child’s time.
Will prizes be awarded? If so, in what categories?
– Thanks to our many awesome sponsors, we will be able to recognize some of the talented runners that participate in the 5K race.
Do I have to set up a fundraising page? If I do set up a fundraising page, who benefits?
– While we encourage everyone to set up a fundraising page, and you will receive free race entry once you hit a particular level of fundraising, you do not have to set up a fundraising page. Fundraising requirements for free entry and registration fee information can be found on our registration page.
– Individual participant fundraising will benefit not just CCNS, the little red schoolhouse in Rowayton, but also Girls on the Run of Fairfield County, a 501(c)(3) organization and an affiliate of the New Canaan Y that inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experienced-based curriculum that creatively integrates running.
What happens if it rains on race day?
– All CCNS fun run and family day events are rain or shine. Only a weather emergency will cancel the event. Entry fees are not refundable.
Are headphones allowed on the course?
– For safety reasons, headphones are not permitted for either the 1 mile fun run or the 5K race.
Are strollers allowed on the course?
– Yes! Strollers are permitted for both the 1 mile fun run and 5K race! This is a family event, so we encourage you to bring the whole family! For all of our participants’ safety, however, we kindly ask that if you are running with a stroller that you start towards the back of the start line and be mindful when passing runners on the course.
Will there be water on the course?
– There will be one water station on the 5K race course. It will be located just before the 2 mile marker.
Will there be a baggage check?
– Unfortunately, we will not have a baggage check available for participants.
Do I need to participate in the fun run or 5K race to participate in the family day activities?
– Not at all. The family day activities are open to everyone whether you participate in any of the day’s running activities.
What activities will be taking place during the family day event?
– We have lined some great activities that will take place during the family day event, including art projects for the kids, a dunk tank, games, an inflatable obstacle course, food trucks, and vendor tables with information about local businesses and shopping.
How do I get to the event?
– Bayley Beach is located at 11 Pine Point Rd. Norwalk, CT. Click here to enter your starting address for customized directions.