Here’s our Top Five Reasons to join us for the 2nd Annual Fun Run & Family Day… what’s yours?
- It’s Beautiful! – The little seaside village of Rowayton has been referred to as postcard pretty, and we couldn’t agree more. Our 100-Yard Dash along with our Family Fun Day Event take place at Bayley Beach with views of Long Island Sound. The 1-Mile Fun Run is an out and back starting and finishing at Bayley Beach with views from Crescent Beach in Bell Island. Our 5k loop takes you through the quaint downtown area past Pinkney Park (home to Shakespeare on the Sound in the Summer), winds behind the historic Graham Capital building, over the Bell Island Bridge, through historic Bell Island, along Cresent Beach, and finally down the finish line chute onto the beach!
- There is Something For Everyone! – With three different race options and a family fun day event, there truly is something for everyone! Our 100-Yard Dash caters to our littlest athletes (10 and under) while our 1 Mile Family Fun Run and Walk is an event for anyone and everyone in the family. For more serious runners, we have a chip-timed and stroller-friendly (!) 5k Race. If you can’t attend one of the race events, check out our Family Fun Day that follows the races, which will include games, an inflatable obstacle course, a dunk tank, vendor tables, and food trucks. Come have breakfast on the beach!
- Promote Family Fitness! – It seems every day there is an article about the benefits of getting outdoors, of play (both children and adults), and of physical activity. With options for every member of the family, what better way to get outside and play and promote family fitness!?
- It is Inspiring! – What better to motivate yourself than to watch some of our littlest athletes finish their first race? During our inaugural event in 2014, we were so impressed to see so many of our own CCNS students run the ENTIRE one-mile fun run all by themselves. We were even more inspired to see the great big smiles as they crossed the finish line. That might be the best view of all!
- Race for Not One, but Two Great Causes! – The fun run and family day event is one of CCNS’s two large fundraising efforts, but did you know that the fun run also benefits the local Girls on the Run chapter? In addition to benefiting CCNS, a portion of individual race participant’s fundraising will benefit Girls on the Run of Fairfield County, a 501(c)(3) organization affiliated with the New Canaan Y that inspires girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experienced-based curriculum that creatively integrates running. To learn more about Girls on the Run of Fairfield County, please contact Council Director Davie Cedela at firstname.lastname@example.org.